Mission: to support clinical investigators with state-of-the-art bioinformatics approaches for clinical research studies.
Powerful bioinformatics methods and tools now exist that can provide the infrastructure to standardize and organize complex data. Consequently, researchers can query across formerly disparate datasets to analyze and summarize data using new visualization techniques, removing many of the barriers for translational studies. Utilizing these methods and tools as well as drawing on experience using high dimensional data for research, the VERITY Bioinformatics Core faculty and staff will provide support and guidance to advance clinical research studies for rheumatic and musculoskeletal disease research. Moreover, the research questions arising from VERITY will present new methodologic challenges, driving advancement of bioinformatics methods and foster new collaborations.
The VERITY Bioinformatics Core offers assistance with the following:
- Phenotype algorithm development
- Phenome-Wide Association Studies (PheWAS)
- Study design and project planning using EMR data
- HLA imputation
- Extracting information from narrative data
- Assist investigators with extracting information from narrative data using NLP
- Extraction of numerical data
- Adapt methods or tools surrounding data extraction using NLP
- Provide de-identified data to study RA
- Consulting in areas related to the above Core services
The Bioinformatics Resource Core Request Process